September 09, 2016

   Hi readers, today I'm going to share an inspiring story with you! It is about a young boy, Devalagan Muthalagan who dreams to be a surgeon but he was born with Unilateral Cleft Lip and Palate (CLP or in Bahasa Malaysia as 'sumbing'). Let's recount Devalagan's journey on his ambition to become a successful doctor.

Devalagan with his family
   When Devalagan was three and six months old, he underwent operations to repair his CLP. But due to financial problems, he missed at least six other stages of operations to completely recover. He was just a kid and always had to fight with his negative thoughts. Luckily he never gave up on studies, he became an excellent student and won a full scholarship from the Public Service Department to study medicine at the International Medical University (IMU).

One step closer to his dream!
Devalagan with his classmates. 
   In 2014, Devalagan met with medical experts from Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur. He shared his financial concerns with them and his doctor advised him to apply for the Khazanah-IHH Healthcare Fund. This is the turning point that changed his life forever because he succeeded in getting the aid!

   Today he is 23 years old and is actively pursuing his dream. He just completed his final operation in August and he graduates as a Doctor in October! Your success can never be determined by your present situation, I felt so happy for him because he completed his dream!

   Never give up and be confident in what you do. There may be tough times, but the difficulties which you face will make you more determined to achieve your objectives and to win against all the odds. I hope this story can inspire you to keep chasing your dreams! Good Luck :)

What is Khazanah-IHH Healthcare Fund?

Restoring Health, Changing Lives

*provides partial/fully sponsored medical treatment to needy patients in Malaysia, Singapore and Turkey
*Launched in July 2012
*RM50 million Fund is disbursed over 5 years until 2017
*70% of the Fund (RM35 million) is allocated to Malaysia and the rest of 30% to Singapore and Turkey
*To date, extended help close to 1,000 patients in Malaysia

For more info, please visit http://www.khazanah-ihhfund.com/

You Might Also Like

0 ♥comment :

♥Facebook Page♥